Saturday, May 3, 2014

Finally a burst of motivation

So i went up and did some more of the pull down finally.


Pulled the front of the car off, valances everything. The plan is to pretty much paint everything from the top of the firewall forward with POR-15.

I've been lucky so far i guess but i was gutted to find 2 pieces of bad (not just surface) rust. One in the bottom of the heater intake.



And the other on the inside of the passenger side  A pillar 

Which is a shame, but given this is the worst rust I've found so far, i cant complain.  I need to get the drivers seat floor pan welded where the mounts have fatigued anyways so I'll get these two, plus the front of the front wheel arches done too. In the mean time I'll start stripping and treating the surface rust ready for POR-15. Maybe see if my cheap sandblaster works around the battery box and the wiper mount on the firewall.

Oh yeah, and for the record Mr White if you're reading, I finally found a couple of bolts on this that would do your Alfa proud :D

Here's a closer shot of the front, prior to my next job of degreasing EVERYTHING

No comments:

Post a Comment