Saturday, February 23, 2013

Update: 23rd Feb 2013

Today i picked up the Koni rear and Monro front shocks for the suspension and the Alternator + bracket for the Alternator conversion from Alan at the Triumph club today. 
20130225_192913[1]

They're a bit rough but should clean up nicely when they are rebuilt.

This last week I also put my order into Canley Classics, still haven't had confirmation, the guys are a little slow on the communication front but are really helpful and well priced. I've pretty much purchased every rubber part they have for a 13/60 herald, all the brake/clutch rebuild kits including caliper pistons, a new headlining, the replacement rear valance and splashed out on a set of brand spanking new rubber bumpers (even if the price still makes me cry a little) and a pile of little olds and sods.

On the shiny "upgrade" front I've thrown in a set of new rotors mostly for the laugh factor, but maybe they'll improve the braking (realistically they couldn't make it worse), and a halogen headlight conversion kit. 

I had confirmation yesterday the engine and gearbox arrived in Levin so i need to go up and organise to get it to my parents place and check it over. Here's hoping it's as good as it was described, either way as long as the bottom end is ok, it will do for now. I have my rebuilt head which i can fit if the current one has the typical leaky valve stems.

I've got a 4 synchro gearbox from a Toledo that's been rebuilt a few years ago which i intend on fitting when i put it all back together. Anythings got to be better than the straight cut whir of first on the 3 synchro boxes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment